Sunday, March 16, 2008

Painting Class March 16 2008

Last week I started my first, at least to my knowledge,oil painting.last week's post
This week I continued to work on it... really felt that I am swimming in deep water... and not always in control. I have to learn how the paints inter-react.. What each brush can/will do... how to get the tones I want. A lot of trial and error... Dov points us in the direction... and lets us go.....

Reminder of the painting at its first stage.



Started working on the background greens and earth tones and then worked in some of the reds of the flowers.



This is the third stage after adding the second color of flowers and more greens. I feel utterly out of depth... not really in control....



I like the way the flowers are coming but the background is much too busy and I will have to think of a way to unify it. Don't know if I will have the nerve to work at it at home....

No comments: