Tuesday, February 12, 2008

WC- Weekend Drawing Event January 25 2008

This weekend I chose to do a symmetrical photo manipulation for the butterfly image and for the challenge which was to draw/paint from your imagination a place to retreat to for relaxing.



Autumm.... morning ...frost in the air.... a quite mountain path.... sounds of rustling leaves... footsteps and the trickle of water ....when I think of a place to relax my mind goes here....to the time I climbed Mount Moosilauke in NH with my daughter....
Lyra watercolor crayons... that I applied water to places... also did some crayon dipping... stopped because it was getting muddy..... doesn't really look relaxing.... first time using these crayons... birthday gift....9.5"x7" 165gr Rembrandt drawing pad.... did a bit of photoshopping.... blurring... original is much more vivid ....the photo before the blur is even better than original ... in the spirit of WDE...Saw,after, a great photo of a path on the mountain site now that isrelaxing. I really have to try and develop the painting from imagination.... Thanks Dominic for this exercise...

No comments: