Monday, January 28, 2008

Back to School-Painting Class

Well I guess this is the obvious step after dipping into the WDE's and getting back to traditional painting and sketching.... Yael and Naomi gave me an unusual birthday gift this year... a painting class.. Ruth, she gave me a great set of watercolor crayons, takes a beading course at the Yahud Community Center and suggested I check out the painting class offered there. When I heard they worked mainly in oils I almost panicked out....The instructor is an Israeli Artist,Dov Segev and I will be able to work in my OP's [oil pastels].His site I know the site is in Hebrew but to click on the image no Hebrew needed. !!!So maybe I will graduate to oils at one point... but I like the feel of the pastels and think they are a good transition from sketching and drawing with a pencil to painting with the pastels. So off to another path in my artistic journey.

Started my first class on Jan 20th. Dov put on my table an old kerosene lamp to draw. He wanted to see what I know and don't know. He showed me how to use a paper stump to do the shading... already learner new techniques...
Here is the drawing.



After that he gave me a photo from a magazine and I did a color sketch using my OP's and some of Dov's nice pastel pencils. I later bought a set but the wrong kind... soft pastels... will have to look for the right kind for more detail work....



Wrote out a list of stuff to buy for the next lesson... special colored paper...

No comments: