Tuesday, December 9, 2008

About Painting Monthly Project

Decided to try About Painting monthly challenge. I am always looking for some new challenge to help stimulate my creative journey. I hope to continue with WDE's on Wet Canvas but have decided to spread my wings a bit. My previous post I posted my first entry in Karin Jurick' blog.

This month's challenge is a portrait of a chair. This past Saturday we had a family picnic in Gan Yehoshua and set up a chair portrait for a reference for this challenge.

This is about 12.75" x 10" Canson paper... using Caran D'Ache Neocolor I crayons.

I think I should have made a tighter crop on the chair and less of the scene. It may be rejected on that basis...but I did have fun doing this and am at last getting more familiar with these crayons.



PS... Just received the rejection notice.... may try for a closer crop...!!!!

I took a better photograph today outside... the previous one was done inside with low light on a tripod. I also worked in the sky to deepen the color.

Picnic Chair

click to enlarge

No comments: