Saturday, October 25, 2008

More LVS Exercises

Some more painting exercises

I have finished the course.... it really came at a bad time.. the month of all the High Holidays....and to top it off the holidays came in the middle of the week so it was weekend...holiday..weekend holiday etc...
All in all I enjoyed the course... there were some disappointments:

I was the only one to post on the board
It was geared to acrylic paints and not for oils... I knew this from the beginning and asked before taking if I could use oils and although she answered yes she hadn't much experience with oils and really couldn't help much.
Aside from technical problems...oils vs acrylic I missed some real criticism and feedback was slim.

I didn't do all the exercises so here are a few more....

Weather trying to get rain and mist!!! Not too successful!!!





Trees and tree barks





Foliage





Water and rocks







Although I didn't succeed in getting all the effects I did learn a lot ... wet on wet is difficult and working on relatively small formats let me experiment and therefore learn more. One thing that I did learn was not to be afraid... the paints won't come up and bite!!!

No comments: