Friday, February 4, 2011

Wetcanvas Weekend Events for January

Here are my entries for the weekend events for January at WetCanvas.
Starting from the beginning of the month.
Maureen aka Charliesmum hosted the event on January 7th  
First did a quick 30 minute sketch of a few of the tourists in my brown paper sketch pad A4 using Derwent sketch pencils.



The second is a image manipulation of one of the sheep image experimanting with textures and blending modes,,,,the texture used comes from a great collection of free textures by Jerry Jones aka skeletalmess. I used old canvas 5

sheep with texture

2 comments:

Marie Fox said...

Hi Carol,

I was mighty pleased by your comment saying my art was sensuous. That means a great deal coming from another artist ...and fellow RISD grad. Actually I went there one year and then left to do sculpture on my own. But I wanted to say that I really love your drawing of the tourists. Great sense of space and the figures are solid. love the cluster of faces. Keep up your good work and many thanks for the inspiring comment! Marie

carol edan said...

Thanks very much for your comments... RISD seems like a million yrs ago... actually graduated from sculpture dept.... your paintings are very much like sculptures....